over the weekend i realized that the drawings for my next comic page weren't as good as i wanted them to be, so i set out to fix them!
for the most part, the page only has two figures sitting on a fallen tree somewhere waaaaay out in the ocean. the figures were way too stiff and didn't really fit together so i spent what felt like forever on monday fixing them up
(it was just one of those days when it took more time than it should have to redraw one dude sitting on a log :B )
the page as a whole wasn't composed very effectively either, so i moved the figures around to change the page from a couple hanging out on a log in the ocean...
...to a couple hanging out on a log in a VAST ocean. having them on the right hopefully makes readers see all of that water first and gives the sea some magnitude (unless you read from right to left or bottom to top, or BOTH) . it will work differently in print, since that entire left page will be nothing but ocean
(i also redrew the guy's face in the bottom right)
so now you all know that i really DO think about things while i'm drawing pretty pictures. important things, like which side of a monsters mouth slime gathers in when its head is tilted and wind is blowing up from beneath its chin
see you next time!