Thursday, February 10, 2011

color testing and beyond

I don't have a ton to show right now, since I've been spending most of my time "writing" (let's use the term loosely), messing around with painting in color, and doing really really bad character studies. Nothing makes me feel like I suck big time at drawing quite like making character drawings...

Anyways, here's a quick glimpse at what to expect from my color paintings this year:


(don't act like you're surprised :P)

Last weekend I ordered a copy of one of my favorite books ever, the Coffin, for a very special friend of mine and realized it was high time I emailed co-creator Phil Hester to tell him how much the book has meant to me over the years. I honestly used to carry that book with me everywhere so that if I was ever strapped for inspiration I could just pop it open and see how to REALLY make a comic. Phil emailed me back and was more than appreciative of what I had to say, and with any luck the world might see some Grim Wilkins / Phil Hester co-op action in the not so distant future, haha!

Life drawing sessions have started at my old school again, so I'll post a few of my figure studies soon to make you feel better about your own drawing abilities ;)


Thanks for stopping by! Email your heroes, they probably don't get as much fan mail as you think

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I can't wait to see where you take your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'll be talking to you excessively about colors in the next few months, right? :P

    ReplyDelete