Sunday, October 9, 2011

First page of new comic, and a quick aside

For the next few weeks I'll be posting pages from the new book I'm working on, tentatively titled Mirenda, and here's the opening page!!




As I mentioned in the previous post, last week the big CCA Alumni show took place and it was a ton of fun! I got to hang out with people I don't see nearly enough and there was even a presentation by a handful of graduates from the last ten years (including my neighbor and fellow Spectrum 18-ite, the unbeatable Brynn Metheney). I found out yesterday that a fairly famous and super influential teacher refused to attend the talk because he didn't want to hear them talk about self-publishing comic books or selling things on Etsy. (none of the panelists self-publish comics or talked about Etsy)

I just want to remind everyone, young and old, to always follow your dreams and be wary of who you listen to. If you want to publish your own comics, do it. If you want to design fantastic creatures for a living, go for it. If someone whose opinion you respect tries to pull you away from your goals, it's okay to rebel against them; I'm sure very few great people did everything they were told.


Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Grim,
    What a beautiful page!! i CANNOT wait for Mirenda! Such a great use of space and blacks.. ahh I showed this to a fellow classmate and they were totally impressed too!

    Also, I really appreciate what you said about it being okay to rebel or run towards what you want despite what others say. I needed a little bit of a mental pick me up! You ruuulleee

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;D

    Thanks Minnie! I'm getting super pumped about Mirenda. There are so many things I want to do, I just need to make sure they all actually work!

    ReplyDelete