Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Is it 2012 yet?

Sorry for not posting all month, I feel like I've JUST been made painfully aware of how much I rely on my scanner in my day to day life. I did, however, manage to get a picture of this super sweet bookmark I made for an amazing friend of mine:

I really love doing these weird dry-brushy drawings, and I used the holidays as an excuse to crank out a handful of them for friends and family. I've been wanting to get this technique into my "professional" work for a while now, but it doesn't really allow for much error correction. There's at least one part of my forthcoming graphic novel that will have a bit of this in it, but I'll try and get a bit more in there



Remember when I said I was going to talk to "Cool as Ice" Chris Koehler's illustration class to critique some comic pages they did? Well I forgot to come back and tell you guys the work was AMAZING. This is an introductory illustration class, and these folks are doing better comic pages than people I graduated with.

Check them out here

I'm a little bummed that the images on their site are so small and some of these digital reproductions aren't as sharp as the original paintings, but come on, were you doing this in your first illustration class?


"Becoming Cool" by the Astounding Alex Smith



Meanwhile, back at my house, I'm sick and my back hurts because my girlfriend and I got rear-ended on the freeway by some jerk on Christmas Eve. Did I ever mention I don't really like the holidays?



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment