Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I dreamed I was alone in the forest...

Sorry for the sparse posting lately, most of the work I've been doing still isn't exactly presentable. (not to mention I still haven't gotten that new scanner yet...) However, I do have this tasty little snack to share with everyone:



The colors in this digital reproduction got pretty far away from the colors in the original painting, which bummed me out big time. I guess they aren't THAT far off, but far enough that it would have taken an obnoxious amount of time to accurately color-correct in photoshop. I'm still getting back in the swing of painting in color and I'm sllloowwwwlly getting a grasp on which colors scan well and which absolutely won't have it. I was pleasantly surprised to learn last year that quinacridone magenta scans beautifully :D

Check back soon, I'm getting back into regular blogging this year!



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: