Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A.P.E. 2012 aftermath

A.P.E.  was fantastic!  Got to hang out with the coolest person I know and talk to amazing and enthusiastic people all weekend long. 

Our table looked like this on my side,
 


 ...and like this on Jenna's side:




Once again, I barely got a chance to leave my table for more than ten minutes so I didn't get to take in too much, but what I saw was fabulous.

Despite hardly leaving my table, I managed to score some swag from the four corners of the con:

This killer print from my pal Emo, aka Emonic.  Emo is on fire; his new work is blowing me away and I can't wait to see what he does next.


This amazing print from the inimitable Kevin Wada.  You ever know somebody who's so good you almost want to physically hurt them so they'll stop making you look bad?  Kev's one of those people.


ALMOST a complete set of APE 2012 Street Fighter prints.  Still waiting on that Ibuki print from superstar Dean Stuart!




Super sweet t-shirt by my old pal Jose Moreno (who also did the Akuma linoleum print in the previous picture!).  Keep an eye on Jose, his new work is stellar!


One of the most unique prints at the show, this LETTER-PRESSED print by none other than Alex Rosmarin.  These things are so so sweet.  Alex made four different prints and they're all out of this world, so email him and get em before they're all gone!




And thanks to the most generous man in the art business, Ryan Graff at Eidolon Fine Arts, I finally got my hands on a copy of Barron Storey's Marat / Sade Journals



I'm also scoring one of Mike "the Mastodon" Mano's fabulous new t-shirts next time I see him:



And, to top it all off, I sold one of my personal favorite paintings to the most generous man in the book business, Stuart NG!
Soon to be on display in Stuart Ng's office!


All in all, A.P.E. was a super good time and anyone who missed it should get down there next year.


Thanks for stopping by!  I'm officially starting my next book project soon, so GET PUMPED.

No comments:

Post a Comment